THE NEWS OF THE CLUB
(This page was updated last on 23/04/17)
You can find here some of the latest news of the club:
But we also advise you to see our regular updated news with so many pics as well on our Facebook page:
Then, we finished on top again in 2015 season. We were then the only team in the history of all Kibera to play in Nationwide Div1.
In 2016 again, we were CHAMPIONS!!! and were promoted in National Super League.
= 3 promotions in 3 years. What a great record for a small community team in a slum! for the first time of the history of the slum. We became the pride of Kibera.
Difficult start in the 2017 NSL (second tier) since beginning of March: we need to react!
- A very interesting short documentary made by French AFP for the the popular continental channel TV5 monde then on many international media:
- Some KBS members were invited twice in 8 days in the famous show "Monday football" on Citizen Tv at the end of June 2016: What a nice exposure. Let's shine together!
- KBS won 1-0 on May 22 against a strong Savannah cement team: there was a lot of tension but our boys were able to keep the lead up to end: well done! KBS is now the new LEADER of the league: Bravooooo!!!!
- KBS started the 2016 season on a very good manner by winning the 1st game 2-1 away in Githugunri on April 3 against a strong team of Green Berets. It was not easy on a bumpy slippery field. Well done! But the league will be tough this year...
- A journalist, Placido Berci, from the biggest Brazilian TV Globo shot a nice documentary about Kibera Black Stars on 27th February: What a great honour for our players living in a slum!
- What a wonderful day on saturday 13 February 2016: meeting with the youth of Slum Soka at Isaac pitch in the heart of the slum, U11 boys then girls games at Woodley as curtain risers before the gala match KBS vs. Savannah Cement, with the presence of the MP of Kibra, Ken Okoth, and the Ambassador of France, Rémi Maréchaux, dlegations of the French Embassy, French school, Comité de la Francophonie, our sponsors Safaricom and DSA, many guests and a large number of the Kibera community. Thanks to all and bravo!
- KBS did very well at the pre-season tournament at Kenyatta University from Februray 3 to 6th 2016. We finished unbeaten despite the participation of some KPL teams: Very positive!
- KBS finished the 2015 League on a high note by winning 3-0 against Isiolo at home. Congratulations to the players, technical staff, board members, fans for this wonderful season! Black Stars, the pride of Kibera.
- After their win 1-0 today Saturday 6 December 2015 against a good team of Mwatate, our guys are crowned CHAMPIONS of the National League for the 1st time of the history of Kibera. We are all proud of u guys! Our players were so happy to wear their new sport kits "Je suis Paris / I am Garissa". They are giving this great performance to all the victims of terrorists attacks all around the world. Yes, Kenya and France united in Kibera for the same fight.
- Our players wake up at the right time on Sunday october 25 at home by beating 3-0 a strong team Tiki (number 2 on the table). KBS has now 10 points ahead on top of the National League, bravo!
- KBS players and officials went to Kenyatta Hospital to visit some patients suffering from cancers on Friday 11 September 2015. They brought food, toys and other small items that gave smile in the face of some young people. What another nice action of Solidarity and love from people in Kibera!!!
- The U13 team of Slum Soka reached the quarter final of the East Africa tournament in Ligi Ndodo field in the last week end of August 2015: Well done, the future stars are coming up!
-A big round of applauds for our players who fought well and won 1 nil away in Hope centre on Saturday 22 August 2015. The game was difficult and very tactical. We are on top of the League at the end of the 1st leg with only 1 lose in 19 matches.What a great performance for a young team who has just been promoted!
- After some matches in Nationale League, our young players have already achieved a lot by leading the table: Well done guys! In order to do even better, they have to learn how to hold the result till the final blow or to score more goals during the game to be safer. They also need to improve the finishing because there are still so many chances missed. We must concede less silly goals as well, we need to be more careful to avoid losing easy points against average time in order to stay on top....
- Black stars players and officials decided to make another great solidarity action towards the community in the slum on Friday April 10 2014 lthrough the purchase and the distribution of food and other necessary things to less privileged people: well done, we are proud of u once more!
- The most famous Sport Magazine in France "L'Equipe" with the international reporter JC Collin and the well known photographer , Julian Goldstein, made a 10 pages article about our club on April 4 2015.
See this very interesting article (in French language) on fr.calameo.com/read/004279399c0be1eec75a9
- The launching in Kenya of the documentary "Black Stars in Kibera" by Luis Nachbin was a great success in Alliance Française on Monday March 16. The MP of Kibera, Ken Okoth encouraged our members at this occasion.
- Despite our defeats against Premier league teams, 4-1 against Mathare Utd, 3-0 against the 2014 champions of Kenya, the giants Gor Mahia, then 2-0 against KCB, the moral of our boys is high. before the beginning of the 2015 league. They proved it by beating 4-1 the long established team in Nationwide, Savanah Cement, then 5-0 against Makarios boys (Provincial). We definitely have to work on our concentration to avoid conceding too many goals from set pieces and improve our finishing... Keep it up guys!
- Our young players missed the final of the
League organised at the end of October 2014 with just one goal conceded at
the 94th minute. They were put down with their lack of experience. So sad
but this a cruel law of football. Whatever, it can't make us forget the
very greatseason we all spent together: bravo KBS!
- The coaches of
Kibera attended a week of training courses in May
were all proud to receive their CAF level C coaching certificate. We are
sure that all the advice will be visible on the different pitches of the
- The U11 and U13 of the Slum Soka club visited the same age students at the French school to play 2 friendly indoor matches and showed their talent to all the people present and in front of the Brazilian TV. What a very nice event! Our boys were so excited on this Sunday 13 April 2014.
- The league started on Saturday 15th March: Our Boys won 2-1 away at the Dandora stadium against strong Dandora All stars in front of the officials of the Federation (who chose our club to be part of the launching ceremony, what a great honour!) and so many excited fans. Nice start, let's keep it up!
- 1st victory for the youths of Slum Soka team on Sunday 23rd March in the U13 Kibra league: Well done boys and keep the morale up! You will succeed! This youth league is on every Sundays at the field of the TOI primary school...
- On Friday 7th March, we offered some boots to our partnered youths , the U13 team of Slum Soka during a small ceremony in their field. Some officials and players of Black Stars attended it. It was a great sign of cooperation!
- A clean-up was organized in the morning by some our fans in the main street. It was followed by a meeeting where the patron Luc explained his objectives with the club to the supporters of the area.
On february 13th, a training about nutrition and first aid was offered in
the club house by our friend, Jonas, a doctor from Denmark.
KIBERA BLACK STARS
A winning team, a success story, the pride of all a community!!!!
|THE MEMBERS||SOCIAL ACTIONS||HISTORY||THE RESULTS||SUPPORT US?||SPONSORS||CONTACT US?|